Rules & Regulations
Membership Terms and Conditions
The IGSZ is a non-profit golf society set up and managed by a small group of very nice people, to allow like-minded people to play golf in and around the Canton of Zug. Everyone is welcome to join the IGSZ, but please note that by joining our golf society, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You and you alone are responsible for your conduct on and off the golf course. The IGSZ takes no responsibility for any actions or comments made by members, especially those that are dangerous, slanderous, libellous or otherwise offensive to anyone.
- Your details are logged and while the IGSZ respects your privacy if it looks like we might get in the shit for something you do or say, we’ll hand over your details and any other information that might get us out of trouble. Make no mistake, we’ll sing like a canary.
- You are expected to swear and curse on the golf course, and have a good time but if your sole intention is to annoy IGSZ members or other golfers, or to damage the reputation of the society then you will be chucked out of the society immediately.
- Golf Handicaps are adjusted regularly, depending on your current form, to ensure that everyone has an equal chance of winning. Handicaps are adjusted up and down by the IGSZ Chairman and President, in accordance with an extremely complicated and very complex statistical algorithm. If you get 22 points on 9 holes, you’re getting cut. End of story. If you’re playing badly for a sustained period, we will happily give you a few extra shots.
- Feel free to promote and encourage other golfers to join the IGSZ – however, under no circumstances will any of the following people be accepted:
- People with no handicap card / no history of playing golf
- People who are boring or annoying (or both)
- Anyone who’s sole interest is to ‘pimp’ their own company or interests to IGSZ members
- To encourage fairness, and to help improve the standard of golf, we play off the WHITE tees in all 9 and 18 hole IGSZ competitions, exceptions will be made for high handicap players.
- We currently do NOT have a women’s section within the IGSZ. We will review this issue at the start of each golf year, but any decision is dependent upon a minimum number of women players and the agreement by the existing IGSZ members1.
- The IGSZ expects all its members to respect basic golf etiquette, including, but not limited to:
- Avoid slow play at all times, keep up with the flight in front of you
- It is hugely unlikely that you will find your ball if it goes 100m into the woods, over the railway line or into someone’s house. Please play a provisional.
- The IGSZ has no problem with members making their own private in-flight games, however this is NOT ALLOWED in IGSZ Tournaments and MUST NOT slow down the flight.
- Play the ball as it lies2. If you’re in the deep rough, behind a tree and you take your Driver out, something is wrong.
- We do not insist upon marking your ball, but please don’t tee off with a Titleist and finish with a Callaway.
- The IGSZ has a common sense attitude to the rules of golf, including Mulligans, preferred lies in wet conditions and a relaxed approach to balls in hazards. Where practicable, we will also add some fun rules (e.g. 1-club challenge, Nagillums etc.). If strict R&A rules are important to you, then find another club.
- No IGSZ member may defend, in any way, shape or form, Chelsea Football Club or any of its players (this also includes Jose Mourinho).
- Please note that most of our members play golf to get away from their wives or girlfriends.
- With the exception of winter rules and when your ball is in a massive divot in the fairway